Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today, I am thankful for many things.  Primarily that my oldest is home and recovering from an asthma / panic attack last night.  She and I spent 5 hours at the ER where she had a breathing treatment which helped tremendously but the 5 hours 10:30 PM CT to 4:30 AM CDT were certainly not great for either of us.

She was insistent that she be allowed to go to church this morning to play bells and hear the guest preacher and so I woke her around 9 AM.  She was exhausted by the time it was over.  I brought her home and put her back to bed and she will be spending the rest of the day at home resting.  I also put myself to bed for some much needed rest.

While at church, I saw a woman who has made my soul grieve for lack of a better word.  I called her several years ago to ask for help with a job situation and was turned down flatly.  It hurt then and it hurts still.  I did not realize until today that I will really have to continue to mend this relationship. 
Then all of my problems are laid low when I see pictures of the devastation in Japan.  The troubles of those people put mine to shame and I am again humbled.  My blessings far outweigh my problems.  I am praying for those people who have lost so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment