Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 12 - I am Thankful!

I am thankful for Thursday mornings!  They come early at our house as DH is usually out the door well before 7AM to get to a 7:15 meeting each week.  I am usually awake and this summer have made it a habit to head to Panera for some Mommy time!  It has been wonderful!  I take my laptop, order breakfast and make myself an iced coffee (Hazelnut of course!).  Then I settle into my seat and enjoy the morning!

I have met interesting people this summer with this weekly ritual.  I run into friends.  My DH usually joins me when his meeting is over and we have a few minutes in the middle of the day to touch base.

Meanwhile, I have checked in with FB, Twitter, Google+ and read the blog updates which I find in my google reader.  I check the news but not my email.  I find it so relaxing to be there.  Who would have thought that early Thursday morning would become such a treasured time.  It will come to a screeching halt when school rolls around.  Hopefully, I will be able to go still, just a little later after dropping off all the kiddos.

But for now, I as so thankful for Thursday mornings and this new ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment