Wednesday, October 6, 2010

oops

As DH and I were heading out to meet friends for supper tonight, I got a call on my cell. It was the mom of the friend whose house I had just dropped DS off to play. She said we need to come check DS, he had been kicked in the nose. Well! You can imagine that a kick in the nose would not be good! We got there and yes, his nose is clearly crooked where it was not before. Some swelling and bruising but not too much at this point which is good. He was very brave but decided he wanted to go home and have some medicine and put ice on it at home. So we returned him home.

I did some research on broken noses and have learned that if it is within the first 14 days, it is possible to have it adjusted. It was not clear to me what that would mean if he has a deviated septum which he might now. So now it looks like I will be going to see the doctor this week to get further guidance on what to do. Of course, he has a show coming up in a week so we really don't want him to have a swollen, bruised nose for the show!

As for how the kick occurred? It was truly an accident! His best friend was running up the stairs and DS was right behind him but going up on all fours. So obviously, his face was too close to the friend's foot. I'm going to file this under boys will be boys and be thankful that it was not something worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment