Sunday, October 3, 2010

soup

I tried a new recipe today for soup. I am having to adjust my cooking a bit for DH so I did not follow the recipe exactly. I used Pioneer Woman's roasted vegetable minestrone as the base recipe. I left out all of the seasoning except for the tumeric and I had to leave out the cannellini beans too. DH's digestive track is not what it was it would seem. Red meat is gone from our diet and now beans are leaving too. I love beans so that will really be missed. I still cook red meat occasionally and will cook chicken at the same time for DH. The kids and I enjoy having steak every once in a while. The kids also love having meatball subs or spaghetti with meatballs.

So back to the soup - mine turned out not to be very soupy! The pasta absorbed most of the soup but it was still good. I need to look for more soup recipes that are veggie rich and low sodium and low fat. If you have a favorite soup recipe, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment