Monday, October 18, 2010

Thinking ahead

I was checking my facebook feed and a local business that I follow was advertising some Christmas products that they make and sell. Really? You would want an Alabama or Auburn stocking? Or ornaments for your tree?

Maybe I am just getting old!!!!! (I did just have a birthday!) I think that the message of the season should be foremost in our minds and school spirit is not really part of the message. Maybe you missed that part of the lesson. I suspect the business makes and sells these items precisely because they sell! What a sad commentary on the people in this state.

I am going to pledge to you that I will do my best to keep Christ in Christmas this year. Want to take the pledge too? I'll see what I can do about creating a badge for this. It really is important!

No comments:

Post a Comment